Deadline: 17 July 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Child Protection Specialist in Kano, Nigeria.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Child Protection Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Support to programme/project development and planning
- Support the preparation, design and updating of the situation analysis for the child protection programmes/projects to ensure that current and comprehensive data on child protection issues is available to guide UNICEF’s strategic policy advocacy, intervention and development efforts on child rights and protection, and to set programme priorities, strategies, and design and implementation plans.
- Keep abreast of development trends to enhance programme management, efficiency and delivery.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Plan and collaborate with colleagues and external partners to establish monitoring benchmarks, performance indicators, other UNICEF/UN system indicators and measurements, to assess and strengthen performance accountability, coherence and delivery of concrete and sustainable results for the assigned sector in child protection programmes.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Provide technical guidance and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners and donors on the interpretation, application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes, best practices, and approaches on child protection related issues to support programme management, implementation and delivery of results.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required: international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law, or another relevant social science field.
- First Level (Bachelor’s) University Degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and an additional 2 year’s of relevant experience in related fields may be considered in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s of professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection related areas is required.
- Relevant experience in programme development in child protection related areas in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is considered as an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.