Deadline : 31 March 2020
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communications and Reporting Manager in Beirut, Lebanon.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications and Reporting Manager will perform the following functions:
- Use information from discussions with program staff, interviews with partners, and data from monitoring and evaluation reports to report on program status and impact, including success stories, snapshots, press releases, weekly reports, quarterly reports, annual reports, and ad hoc reports.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize the political and implementation environment in short and medium-length reports, drawing on program staff, external sources, and partners.
- Tailor reporting to audiences including Chemonics staff and key stakeholders inside and outside of the U.S. government.
- Help coordinate information flow between project teams.
- Proofread, edit, and fact-check documents and reports.
- Capture and disseminate key information, lessons learned, and action items from program events as requested.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation team to document monitoring, evaluation, and learning, draft evaluations of clusters of activities. Contribute to program learning and adaptation, and demonstrate program successes and lessons learned.
- Collaborate and coordinate with all project staff to create a participatory approach for reporting and communication.
- Develop creative and effective ways to improve program communications.
- Help prepare community outreach, civic engagement, and communication campaign materials for the project.
- Ensure compliance with all USAID branding and marking guidelines.
- Provide support for project events.
- Translate and interpret English and Arabic to support project implementation and communications.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development, public policy, public relations, communications, or another relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 year’s of experience in writing, communications, journalism, or public relations required.
- Demonstrated experience in analysis and reporting on program impact and implementation highly preferred.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple work assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience conducting communications or other relevant consulting work preferred.
- Supervisory experience coaching small communications teams, consultants, and contractors.
- Experience with monitoring, evaluation, and learning or knowledge of social-science research methods preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Prior experience with USAID programs preferred.
- Knowledge of Lebanon’s operating environment preferred.
- Ability to travel within Lebanon and assist with workshops, conferences, and other events.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter attached with “Communications and Reporting Manager” in the subject line via email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, visit Chemonics.