Deadline: 31 January 2018
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Consultant Protection Adviser – Programme Policy in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 6 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Consultant Protection Adviser – Programme Policy will perform the following functions-
- The consultant will provide advice to WFP regional bureau and country offices in the implementation of the protection policy.
- This include contributing to training and capacity building initiatives, advice on specific protection concerns, technical assistance towards operational mainstreaming efforts and development of accountability mechanisms.
- As the implementation requires, the consultant may travel to concerned country offices to undertake these tasks.
- The consultant will complement the Policy Officer in the performance of daily advisory and technical functions related to protection, accountability to affected populations, and other key humanitarian policy issues.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in 1 of the following disciplines: international relations, political science, human rights or other relevant field.
- At least 4 years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in international humanitarian or development work with at least 3 years specific experience in protection programming.
- This should include experience working in crisis or post-crisis contexts.
- Solid knowledge of operational strategies for integrating protection in the humanitarian response is a requirement.
- Complementary experience on accountability to affected populations is an asset, as is previous experience working on policy implementation, and guidance and training development.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.