Deadline: 5 June 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Country Representative in Kabul, Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Deputy Country Representative will perform the following functions-
- Manage the programme team
- Manage the day-to-day work of the programme team, including finalizing programme team’s annual workplan.
- Oversee/lead the process of programme conceptualization, planning, implementing and monitoring and the management of material and financial resources.
- Lead the process of preparing programme implementation progress reports and identifying areas for UN Women Country Representative’s action and/or decision.
- Technically support the development of the Office security strategy and plan as required.
- Provide advisory and specialized technical support on the strategic direction of the office
- Advise and guide the Country Representative on strategic areas.
- Provide specialized technical and strategic support and guidance in managing all aspects of the programme design and related activities and for ensuring compliance and accountability in programme monitoring, reporting and evaluation.
- Develop policy documents, briefs and other strategic papers/materials for use in the development and presentation of innovative and coherent policy and programmatic positions.
- Serve as a senior member of the management team.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in international development, public administration, public policy or other relevant social science fields is required.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- At least 10 year’s of progressively responsible professional experience that combines intellectual, strategic and managerial leadership in development programmes with a strong focus in the area of gender equality and women’s empowerment at the international level, preferably in developing countries within the UN system, Agencies, Funds or Programmes.
- Field based experience working with multi-cultural teams.
- Experience in working in a conflict or post-conflict country.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.