Deadline: 8 July 2020
Concern Worldwide is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Programme Director in Mogadishu, Somalia. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Deputy Programme Director will perform the following functions-
- Programme leadership
- Support PD to foster synergies and continually strengthen integration within and between Concern Somalia/Somaliland’s emergency response and longer-term development (resilience/durable solutions) programme portfolio, promoting nexus approaches and effective adaptive management.
- Provide inputs for PD to bring to the Senior Management Team and Consortia Steering Committees for information, guidance and/or approval; represent or join PD at meetings in her absence/request.
- Provide high-level oversight of the multi-sector multi-location SPHERES Resilience programme, acting as Grant Owner and ensuring effective collaboration and cohesion between respective Programme Coordinators, Managers and their SPHERES components and budgets.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
- Ensure that all programmes are designed, implemented, monitored and evaluated in line with Concern’s Programme Quality Guide plus available strategic and technical guidance and policies.
- Support the MEAL Manager and his team in development and roll out of a cohesive and clearly documented MEAL Framework for Concern Somalia/Somaliland, with aligned tools and processes: quantitative, qualitative, routine field tools for process and outcome monitoring, internal and external programme evaluations and learning reviews.
- Ensure timely, effective data analysis, including strengthening of team capacity in such plus the production and sharing of clear reports on key findings; ensure appropriate use by programme coordinators/managers for reporting, learning, adaptive programming, results-based management.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s level qualification in International Development, Humanitarian Studies, M&E/MEAL, Programme Management, or other relevant discipline of study.
- At least 6 year’s experience in international development and/or humanitarian programming (preferably exposure to both), including significant programme or MEAL management experience in complex and insecure contexts at a senior level.
- Experience managing multi-sector programmes, ensuring effective overall leadership and efficient collaboration between sub-teams.
- Strong abilities in Programme Cycle Management systems and tools, including tracking of costed workplans and budgets.
- Solid theoretical knowledge and experience in practical application of Results Based Management.
- Experience working with major institutional donors (DFID, EU, ECHO, OFDA, UN, Irish Aid, World Bank) and compliance to donor contractual requirements.
- Excellent collaborative report writing and proposal development skills in the English language.
- Experience working in complex multi-stakeholder or consortia partnerships and structures.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Concern Worldwide.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.