Deadline: 28 December 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Representative in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Deputy Representative will provide technical and advisory support to the UN system to ensure coherence, coordination and alignment with national gender priorities.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Representative will perform the following functions-
- Provide specialized technical and strategic support in managing all aspects of CO programme design and management of related activities and for ensuring accountability in programme monitoring, reporting and evaluation.
- Support, guide and provide input to assure quality control in the formulation of relevant, high quality, results-based and rights-based country programmes and to ensure programme coherence, technical integrity, inter-unit programme cooperation and coordination.
- Provide strategic and specialized technical advice to the Representative and put in place systems, processes and mechanisms to improve/enhance programme planning, implementation, monitoring and timely progress reporting.
- Recommend and establish program monitoring standards, criteria and other indicators for measuring and assessing progress/results.
- Monitor the progress on mutually agreed results frameworks and performance indicators and take timely support, action and/or decisions as required.
- Support the Representative in the management of the CO.
- Manage the formulation of the annual CO work plan and monitor implementation.
- Develop and facilitate an integrated results-based approach to the work of the Country Office using the annual work plan as the road map.
- Communicate standards of performance, and assign responsibilities and accountabilities for achieving results.
- Support the Representative in the management of human, material, and financial resources, in line with UN Women policies, rules and procedures.
Applicants must have –
- Master’s degree or equivalent in international development, public administration, public policy or other relevant social science fields.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience that combines intellectual, strategic and managerial leadership in development programmes with a strong focus in the area of gender equality and women’s empowerment at the international level, preferably in developing countries within the UN system, Agencies, Funds or Programmes.
- Several years of field based experience working with multi-cultural teams required.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of another UN working language is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.