Deadline: 21 August 2020
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Donor Compliance and Project Execution Advisor in The Hague, Netherlands. The duration of this post is 1 year.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Donor Compliance and Project Execution Advisor will perform the following functions:
- Provide in-house expert advice, to SNV project, country and global teams, on specific donor compliance requirements, project management and execution from project design to project closure.
- Provide targeted (billable) and pragmatic advice to selected SNV grants and service contracts falling within the specific donor funded set of projects within his/her remit including for contracting, project start-up, project/contract amendments and closure.
- Oversee, develop and maintain SNV’s Project Execution policy area, including instructions and tools, to support SNV in excellent and compliant project execution. Ensures specific donor compliance requirements are embedded within SNV’s broader policy environment.
- Identify and propose solutions to mitigate specific donor compliance and project management and execution risks, including on project audits. Applies solutions and follows up on corrective actions.
- Ensure learning is identified, including on budget compliance and cost recovery, and shared between project, country and global team colleagues. Pays particular attention to identifying and applying learning to new project design jointly with the Global Business Development Team.
- Lead on the design and delivery of audience appropriate capacity development on project execution and specific donor requirements for SNV staff and partners.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in international development, international law, international relations, other relevant field or equivalent by experience.
- At least 7 year’s of relevant and demonstrable experience working on donor compliance in an international development cooperation project management context.
- In-depth expertise of selected SNV key donor requirements (such as the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the UK Department for International Development, the European Union, Swedish and Swiss Development Agencies, the World Bank) and how these related to project (financial) management and administration.
- Demonstrable experience of working with SNV’s key donors, applying their rules and regulations in project and contract management of grants. Similar experience of service contracts is desired.
- Knowledge of project financial management, reporting and budgeting is strongly desired.
- Experience in/with Business Development and designing international development projects and proposals.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills and conceptual thinking.
- Ability to work independently, draw on external networks, provide pragmatic advise and translate ‘donor compliance language’ to a non-specialist audience.
- Excellent communicator in English.
- French Language proficiency is desired.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply by submitting a brief letter of motivation (1 page) and your CV (not more than 3 pages) through online process.
For more information, visit SNV.