Deadline: 6 August 2017
USAID is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Program Advisor in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
USAID partner to end extreme poverty and promote resilient, democratic societies while advancing our security and prosperity.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Program Advisor will perform the following functions-
- After adequate training, applicant’s will serve as Activity Manager (AM), responsible for managing at least one READ activity.
- The incumbent will contribute to all unification and 1na11agen1ent priorities of the Education Team.
- Applicant will serve as the point of contact at least one READ activity for which applicant’s is the AM, maintain liaison and direct communications with the designated implementing partners, monitor the implementing partner’s performance, and verify that it conforms to the technical requirements and quality standards agreed to in the tenns and\ conditions of the mechanistic.
- Applicant will review and approve implementation plans, annual work plans, and monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Applicant will hold regular monitoring meetings with the implementing partner technical staff to evaluate performance and provide timely technical guidance, conduct regular field visits and document in writing any deficiencies observed.
- In addition applicant’s will ensure collaboration with other donors working in the technical areas addressed by project(s) and that USAID programming reflects best practices in these areas, ensure that program reports aid deliverable are received in a timely manner and monitor then for accuracy and completeness.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in education, international development, and a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in the formal or non-formal education sectors.
- At least 3 years of progressive responsibility at junior and middle levels in program/project management with a proven track record of key accomplishments in working with government or community institutions, preferably with education sector programs.
- Experience may include program management and evaluation as well as strategic planning and analysis in the context of a developing country.
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and speaking) at the full professional level.
How to Apply
Applicants can submit their applications to the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit USAID.