Deadline: 20 February 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Emergency Specialist in Kabul, Afghanistan.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Emergency Specialist will perform the following functions:
- When an emergency occurs, the ES may be deployed remotely or in-person to support the emergency teams within the area offices to respond to that emergency.
- Monitor implementation of the emergency program across the area offices, and the utilization of the associated budgets, in accordance with the donor contract and regulations.
- Produce timely and quality internal (e.g. project monitoring) and external reports (e.g. donor reports) in line with organizational requirements.
- Support development of DRCs overall emergency response strategy and sector strategies and methodologies
- Ensure that accountability measures are mainstreamed into all of DRC’s emergency interventions.
- Work closely with protection and livelihoods technical staff to ensure that protection is mainstreamed in all emergency response activities, and that is the emergency response work supports our longer-term durable solution objectives.
- Work closely with the Grants Manager and M&E team to develop M&E tools and monitoring strategies – remotely when required.
- Participate in humanitarian coordination meetings, in order to inform DRC’s emergency response programme and advocate on behalf of DRC in line with the organization’s key policy positions.
- Coordinate with humanitarian response actors to promote operational coordination, particularly amongst ECHO funded response actors.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in organizational development, International relations, international development, business administration, human resource management, education, humanitarian affairs, public and social policy or related field(s).
- At least 3 year’s professional work experience in direct emergency response.
- Experience from humanitarian coordination.
- Experience with protection programming and mainstreaming of protection in emergency programming.
- Experience with fundraising from humanitarian donors including ECHO, CHF, UNHCR, DANIDA and own fund.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with national staff and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and undertake a proactive approach.
- Excellent project management skills, including strong budget management capacity.
- Ability to live and work in an insecure and changing environment.
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English.
- Fluency in Dari and Pashto.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.