Deadline: 18 August 2020
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Environmental and Social Development Specialist in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 3 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Environmental and Social Development Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Identify key E&S risks associated with PPP projects against the requirements of IFC’s Performance Standards.
- Prepare internal E&S documentation to enable IFC’s decision making and attend internal meetings.
- Undertake site visits and meet with IFC PPP clients and other relevant public entities.
- Define the scope of work for E&S Scoping Studies and the E&S content of IFC’s mandates and discuss with internal and external stakeholders to clarify objectives and manage expectations.
- Support in the selection of E&S consultants for the development of the E&S Scoping Studies, including reviews of technical qualifications and proposals.
- Review E&S Scoping Studies for consistency with IFC Performance Standards, accurateness, and completeness.
Applicants must have:
- Graduate / Advanced Degree in environmental engineering, environment and/or natural resource management or social science, international development, and sustainable development, or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 10 year’s of relevant professional experience in E&S risk management of infrastructure projects as well as proven experience in one or more areas of E&S risk management.
- Knowledge of IFC’s Sustainability Framework, Performance Standards, and supporting documents such as Guidance Notes, WBG EHS Guidelines, and other IFC publications on sustainability.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyze, and synthesize diverse information sources, and draw conclusions from limited data.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely in spoken and written English is essential.
- Additional language skills are advantageous.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IFC.