Deadline: 16 September 2018
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Evaluation Officer in Rome, Italy.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Evaluation Officer will perform the following functions-
- Manage evaluation processes and budgets from preparation and design through to completion to ensure the production of independent, credible evidence that meets high professional standards in line with UN norms and standards and codes of conduct for evaluation in the UN system, embodied in WFP’s Evaluation Quality Assurance System (EQAS).
- Source, hire and supervise external consultants to ensure the production of evaluations that meet EQAS requirements.
- Engage stakeholder groups, both internal and external to WFP, appropriately in the evaluation process and manage communications.
- Contribute to the application of the normative framework, quality support, assessment mechanisms and reporting on decentralized evaluation.
- Promote WFP’s evaluation culture of accountability and learning through analyzing evidence and lessons; preparation of syntheses and summaries of evaluation findings and recommendations; and prepare presentations of these, tailoring messages to specific audiences and platforms, and working with internal and external stakeholders to enhance learning from and use of evaluation evidence in policy, programme and project design.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree in International Development, Economics, Social Science or other relevant field, or First University degree with an additional years of related work experience and training/courses.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience both in the field and in Headquarters in international development or humanitarian work, evaluation and policy studies.
- Minimum 5 years experience in managing and conducting policy or strategic or thematic or country portfolio evaluations in diverse humanitarian and development contexts.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.