Deadline: 20 March 2023
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Gender Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Gender Officer will perform the following functions-
- Strategy and Planning
- Provide technical and analytical support to EARD to contribute to implementation of ADB’s Strategy 2030 Operational Plan for Priority 2: Accelerating Progress in Gender Equality.
- Support the incorporation of gender equality concerns in the design of projects and programs categorized as Gender Equity theme (GEN), Effective Gender Mainstreaming (EGM) and Some Gender Elements (SGE) through supporting preparation of gender action plans (GAPs), providing inputs to the relevant project preparatory documents and joining project preparation missions as necessary.
- Support in monitoring implementation of gender actions and progress towards gender targets on a project level and multi-project view. Provides gender and development review and technical support to project implementation teams to enhance project quality and compliance on gender.
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Coordinate and provide technical advice and support to relevant government staff in Executing Agencies (EAs), Implementing Agencies (IAs) and project gender consultants/focal points to ensure effective implementation and monitoring of ADB project Gender Action Plans (GAPs).
- Review and provide inputs into relevant project documents (e.g., GAPs, gender analysis, survey tools, gender case studies etc.).
- Participate and provide input into loan/grant inception and review missions to monitor progress towards achieving gender and development objectives.
- Review and provide inputs to progress monitoring and completion reports including regular project GAP updates; Summary of Gender Equality Results (e.g., Gender Annex to Project Completion Reports (PCRs)) at project completion; and gender inputs to project mission report, including Aide Memoire or Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), and Back To Office Reports (BTORs).
- Capacity Building
- In coordination with EARD and SDTC-GEN’s Gender Specialists, supports in the organization and conduct of training for EA/IAs and project staff on gender mainstreaming training, and GAP implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Provide support in onboarding gender consultants (both project level and gender TA consultants)
- Support pilot gender initiatives (e.g. application of the Good Practice Note on Addressing Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment (SEAH) in ADB-financed projects with civil works during due diligence of select Mongolia projects where appropriate) and joint gender initiatives of SDTC-GEN and EARD.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, social science and/or gender studies, Social Sciences, e.g., Anthropology, Sociology, Economics, Development or Human Geography. Preferably with advanced training.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience specifically working on gender mainstreaming and/or gender projects and programs
- Experience of working in monitoring and evaluation – preferably with a focus on gender projects/programs will be an asset.
- Experience of gender capacity development and delivering gender training
- Experience of working in/for East Asia is an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with counterpart governments as well as a range of stakeholders, e.g., multilateral and bilateral donors
- Strong leadership qualities and interpersonal skills.
- Solid analytical, organizational, and negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.