Deadline: 31 March 2020
Action Against Hunger is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Grants & Compliance Specialist in Mogadishu, Somalia.
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Grants & Compliance Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Ensure timely and quality formulation and submission of Donors’ proposals, in accordance to the country strategic plan.
- Define the annual strategic plan in collaboration with the Program Development and Quality Coordinator and Program Director.
- Develop a road map for the annual proposals’ formulation and submission in accordance with the annual strategic plan.
- Work in close collaboration with the Coordination Team (Program / WASH / FSL / Nutrition and Health/MEAL/Log/Finance coordinators as well as AAH’ international technical advisors) to formulate concept note(s) as first stage of proposal submission to international and local donors.
- In coordination with the Program Development and Quality Coordinator and the coordination team develop quality proposals to be presented to international and local donors.
- Analyze and capitalize assessments (Rapid Needs Assessment), baselines, and field observations for needs identification.
Applicants must have:
- Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Humanitarian Action or any related field (international relations, Communications, political science, law).
- At least 3 year’s of experience in international development, humanitarian assistance or related sector.
- Experience leading new project development efforts, including program design, proposal writing, client / partner relationship development.
- Mastery of the Project Cycle Management and project management tools.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and demonstrated ability to write and edit reports / proposals under deadline pressure.
- Familiar with budget development and can work well with finance personnel.
- Experience working with international partners, such as ECHO, USAID (FFP, OFDA), SDC, SIDA, GAC, OCHA, DFID.
- Experience in living and working in insecure and volatile contexts and in shared accommodation.
- Proficiency in English.
- Somali is desired.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Action Against Hunger.