Deadline: 15 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Head of Programme in Libya. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Head of Programme will perform the following functions:
- People Management
- Lead and manage the programme staff (including people planning, performance, well-being, and development).
- Project management and development
- Enable and oversee effective, efficient, and timely implementation of all projects according to agreed contracts, budgets, policies and in accordance with specific donor requirements.
- Ensure that relevant beneficiary data is collected, compiled, analyzed, and distributed and that relevant assessments are conducted in the project area.
- Provide regular internal and external reports, and other relevant information on programme activities, policy matters and external relations.
- Deliver inputs to programme strategy and identify opportunities for new projects.
- Lead assessments for emergency or longer-term programming in existing or new project locations in Libya.
- Lead the planning and development of concept papers, budgets, and project proposals with support from country team.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- At least 7 year’s experience in relevant field.
- At least 4 year’s experience with people management.
- Experience in managing program operations, including at country senior management level.
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management.
- Experience with proposal development, budget development, program implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience with effectively coordinating with national partners, local/government authorities, NGO partners, UNHCR and other relevant stakeholders.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Arabic and advantage.
- Master’s Degree in political science, international development, economics or another relevant field.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.