Deadline: 22 December 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Head of Support Services in Athens, Greece.
The Head of Support Services will be responsible to provide support and technical guidance to the operation while overseeing support functions related activities.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Head of Support Services will perform the following functions:
- Conduct efficient management of all support functions of the operation: Finance, Human Resources, Supply Chain and Administration.
- Ensure compliance with DRC’s Code of Conduct in close coordination with the Senior Management Team (Heads of Departments, and Area Managers) and by directly managing the Accountability Officer.
- Ensure compliance with local legislation under full respect of the organization with the different legislation in effect in Greece.
- Lead the implementation and the use of the newly established DRC ERP system.
- Establish and monitor implementation of relevant internal procedures and policies in all above areas of responsibility.
- Establish strategic directions in above areas of responsibility and leads organizational change.
- Ensure support for annual planning and review processes including regular follow up of the risk management framework.
- Supervision, audits and controlling and implementation of corrective actions related to DRC’s operational standards within support functions.
- Oversee the implementation and progress of Accountability mechanisms under the overall management of the Country Director and in close coordination with the Head of Programmes and other SMT members.
- Ensure that DRC retains and continually develops its operational capacity to provide rapid emergency response in particular within its procurement and logistics systems, as required.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in International Development, Economics, Political Science/ Public Affairs, Business Administration or Management, or another relevant field is required.
- Minimum 7 years of senior leadership experience in operations management roles with at least 3 year of experience in a similar role.
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management.
- Proven operational management experience and capability.
- Significant experience of grant management and understanding of institutional fund-raising.
- Proven significant financial management experience.
- Significant experience in procurement and tender processes.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with a well-developed ability to motivate and persuade at high levels.
- Full professional fluency in English (Greek language knowledge is an asset).
- Understanding of the current context in Greece.
- Excellent Computer Skills (MS Office, Internet) and an advanced proficiency in Excel are required.
- Previous experience with ERP systems is an asset.
- Nationality of Greece.
How to Apply
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.