Deadline: 16 May 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist in Monrovia, Liberia. The duration of this post is 11 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support project preparation, development of project proposals and concept notes including performance monitoring plans and monitoring and evaluation sections.
- Provide support to the team and stakeholders on ways and means to improve M&E related components and activities.
- Organize, coordinate and lead evaluation missions for development projects, sectoral and thematic evaluations, including desk evaluations/studies.
- Ensure timely submission of good quality M&E reports, including any other reports requiring M&E inputs.
- Ensure regular physical verification of project equipment and assets management.
- Provide support to the Senior Management on the programme planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Identify and formulate evaluation findings, lessons learned and recommendations to be integrated into broader knowledge management efforts.
- Provide results-based management (RBM) support to project staff and the FAO Country Office Management.
- Produce monitoring and evaluation and progress reports on project implementation activities for management, donors and stakeholders.
- Provide technical and review support and inputs into the development of critical communications and reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in International Development or related social science disciplines.
- At least 5 year’s experience in development project and programme management.
- At least 2 year’s of research and M&E experience at the national and/or international level in international development or closely related field.
- Working knowledge of English.
- Work in Liberia are encouraged to apply – (Eligible candidates include :Liberian Nationals and non-Liberian Nationals with resident and work permit).
- Knowledge in results-based management and measurement methodologies is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in applying quantitative and qualitative/participatory research methods; linking planning to M&E; results-based approaches.
- Excellent community entry and engagement skills.
- Excellent analytical and critical writing skills.
- Experience working in post-conflict setting.
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.