Deadline: 19 July 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Partnership Officer in Yaounde, Cameroon. The duration of this post is 12 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Partnership Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide inputs to partnerships strategies, including the development of Partnership Action Plans.
- Implement the country office’s partnership work plan to identify, develop and strengthen quality partnerships with public, private and external partners in support of WFP strategic objectives.
- Proactively contribute to a partnerships portfolio, including partner profiling, data/trends analysis and outreach activities, with the aim to maximize resources and leverage policy and technical support for WFP’s work.
- Ensure that WFP gives appropriate visibility during its operations to partners and that partner conditions are met.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals and donor presentations in order to effectively “sell and market” WFP Cameroon to potential partners and provide consistent information to donors on use of funds.
- Use data to propose options to managers to expand support from existing partners and to scope new partners, guided by programmatic assessment and context-specific analysis, with the aim to enhance the impact of WFP’s work and diversify the resource base.
- Gather and share partner intelligence (including forecasting), using key information systems (e.g. Salesforce, WINGS, WFP Go).
- Gather socio-political insights to support WFP’s effective positioning vis-à-vis national governments, regional and international institutions with the aim to influence the policy agenda.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, International Relations, Law, Marketing, Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- At least 3 year’s of professional experience in building partnerships, resource mobilization or marketing.
- Basic understanding of government and corporate strategies and priorities and experience in developing multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Strong writing skills including creation of external communications and briefing materials.
- Nationality of Cameroon.
- Previous experience working with bilateral or multi-lateral donors.
- Fluency (level C) in both spoken and written English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.