Deadline: 19 July 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Partnership Officer in Yaounde, Cameroon. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Partnership Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide inputs to partnerships strategies, including the development of Partnership Action Plans.
- Implement the country office’s partnership work plan to identify, develop and strengthen quality partnerships with public, private and external partners in support of WFP strategic objectives.
- Proactively contribute to a partnerships portfolio, including partner profiling, data/trends analysis and outreach activities, with the aim to maximize resources and leverage policy and technical support for WFP’s work.
- Ensure that WFP gives appropriate visibility during its operations to partners and that partner conditions are met.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals and donor presentations in order to effectively “sell and market” WFP Cameroon to potential partners and provide consistent information to donors on use of funds.
- Use data to propose options to managers to expand support from existing partners and to scope new partners, guided by programmatic assessment and context-specific analysis, with the aim to enhance the impact of WFP’s work and diversify the resource base.
- Gather and share partner intelligence (including forecasting), using key information systems (e.g. Salesforce, WINGS, WFP Go).
- Gather socio-political insights to support WFP’s effective positioning vis-à-vis national governments, regional and international institutions with the aim to influence the policy agenda.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, International Relations, Law, Marketing, Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- At least 3 year’s of professional experience in building partnerships, resource mobilization or marketing.
- Basic understanding of government and corporate strategies and priorities and experience in developing multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Strong writing skills including creation of external communications and briefing materials.
- Nationality of Cameroon.
- Previous experience working with bilateral or multi-lateral donors.
- Fluency (level C) in both spoken and written English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.