Deadline: 11 March 2021
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Private Sector Engagement Specialist in Sri Lanka.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Private Sector Engagement Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Provides technical advice on improved private sector and industry practices
- Collaborate with partner private sector associations
- Promotes private sector engagement with local government and other stakeholders to implement sustainable climate solutions
- Identifies investment needs for private sector to innovate, scale, and adopt climate change adaptation practices
- Informs adaptive management for achieving expected results
- Facilitates market linkages between market actors along key value chains
Applicant must have:
- Advanced degree in economics, business administration, finance, international development or another field related to private sector engagement
- Extensive experience and established networks with local, regional, and international private sector actors in the climate change adaptation, natural resources, tourism, and/or fisheries supply chains or other relevant sectors
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with stakeholders including businesses and market actor organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to build a mutual understanding among, and productive, sustainable linkages between market actors
- Excellent interpersonal skills, management skills, resourcefulness, flexibility, creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, orally and in writing
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English and Sinhalese or Tamil
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.