Deadline: 8 April 2020
Action Against Hunger is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Director in Mogadishu, Somalia.
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Director will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate technical country strategy and support provision of operational management and integration of all technical areas.
- Provide strategic direction and support to the Technical Coordinators, PM’s and support the Field Co in ensuring the effective delivery of program activities and the successful integration of activities with all other aspects of Action Against Hunger programming.
- Oversee the quality implementation of ongoing programming based on robust grant management, monitoring and evaluation systems and the facilitation of Technical Department.
- Ensure that funding for programming is spent in a coherent, transparent and optimal way.
- Lead proposal preparation through a needs based approach and ensure all departments work together.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in related International Relations/Affairs, Humanitarian Affairs, International Development, Public Health, Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Demographics or related field.
- Advanced Master’s Degree.
- Experience working in insecurity environments.
- Previous experience as a Field Coordinator.
- Advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines and procedures (ECHO, DFID, OFDA, FFP etc).
- At least 3 year’s work experience in similar setting and responsibility.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation as well as Project Cycle Management.
- Excellent reporting and proposal writing experience.
- Good diplomatic and negotiation skills.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Action Against Hunger.