Deadline: 20 March 2023
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Kabul, Afghanistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support to the HACT planning during the programming process
- Participate in HACT planning and discussions and support the development and completion of HACT plans through research, collection, analysis and reporting of related information/data to facilitate planning and priority setting for HACT activities.
- Provide technical and operational support throughout the process by executing/administering technical, operational and administrative transactions and preparing related materials/documentations to ensure the incorporation of HACT into the country programme
- Prepare CO-wide micro assessment and assurance plans in collaboration with other programme staff and relevant operations colleagues
- Prepare information on shared implementing partners to facilitate joint planning and execution of micro assessments and audits in line with the UNICEF HACT procedure.
- Support to implementation of HACT activities
- Serve as the reference person on HACT implementation in the office.
- Facilitate the execution of HACT activities undertaken by external service providers through scheduling, arranging briefings and related administrative needs to ensure service providers have appropriate and comprehensive information for effective and efficient completion of assignments.
- Conduct and/or coordinate spot checks of implementing partners in collaboration with other CO staff.
- Support the preparation of HACT implementation status report in InSight through collation of implementation information from relevant CO colleagues.
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of implementation of CO HACT related SOPs and internal procedures, including for escalation of issues identified through assurance activities.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in one of the following fields is required: Development studies, International Development, Business Administration, Financial Management, Economics, Auditing, Project/Programme Management or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: programme development/management, financial planning and management, or another related area.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required or a local language is an asset.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.