Deadline: 13 July 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer (Community Engagement and Social Cash Transfers) in Abuja, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Officer (Community Engagement and Social Cash Transfers) will perform the following functions-
- Programme management and supervision:
- Lead and supervise the implementation of the community engagement and cash transfer initiative ensuring adherence to the targeting, registration, payment, and accountabilities frameworks and protocols developed for the project.
- Develop the annual work plan of the programme, including the setting of implementation targets/milestones, supervise the implementation of activities, and ensure results are achieved according to schedules and in compliance with the expected standards.
- Supervise project staff including consultants, and establish clear individual performance objectives, goals, and timelines; and provide timely guidance to enable the team to perform their duties responsibly and efficiently.
- Manage project budget, facilitate timely disbursement of funds to the implementing partners, and ensure that partners liquidate of advances timely and accurately.
- Monitoring and reporting
- Lead the implementation of the project monitoring plan and implement recommendations to improve the efficiency and quality of the interventions.
- Undertakes field visits to monitor and assess programme implementation status and take action to address any implementation gaps.
- Organize/participate in project technical review meetings with partners and government counterparts and provide inputs/reports for programme the Steering Committee meetings.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of progress reports on the implementation of the activities and achievement of the planned results (outputs and outcomes) of the programme to the donor and provide technical inputs to UN Women reports.
- Monitor the delivery of programme funds and the submission of implementing partners.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in International Development, Development Studies, Economics, Gender Studies, or other related fields is required.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 7 year’s experience in designing and/implementing community engagement, livelihoods/resilience building/recovery programmes, ideally, with experience in cash transfers.
- Technical experience in gender issues
- Experience in programme, policy analysis, and strategic planning.
- Experience working with, and building partnerships with governments, donors, and civil society organizations internationally and in the field.
- Experience working with the UN is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.