Deadline : 1 February 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer (HACT) in Dakar, Senegal.
The Programme Officer (HACT) will be responsible to provide professional financial, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process by preparing, managing and/or executing a variety of technical and administrative tasks to facilitate the effective implementation of HACT in line with the UNICEF HACT Policy and UNICEF HACT procedure.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Officer (HACT) will perform the following functions:
- Support to the HACT planning during the programming process
- Participate in HACT planning and discussions and support the development and completion of HACT plans through research, collection, analysis and reporting of related information/data to facilitate planning and priority setting for HACT activities.
- Provide technical and operational support throughout the process by executing/administering technical, operational and administrative transactions and preparing related materials/documentations to ensure the incorporation of HACT into the country programme.
- Prepare CO-wide micro assessment and assurance plans in collaboration with other programme staff and relevant operations colleagues.
- Prepare information on shared implementing partners to facilitate joint planning and execution of micro assessments and audits in line with the UNICEF HACT procedure.
- Support to implementation of HACT activities
- Serve as the reference person on HACT implementation in the office.
- Facilitate the execution of HACT activities undertaken by external service providers through scheduling, arranging briefings and related administrative needs to ensure service providers have appropriate and comprehensive information for effective and efficient completion of assignments.
- Conduct and/or coordinate spot checks of implementing partners in collaboration with other CO staff.
- Support the preparation of HACT implementation status report in InSight through collation of implementation information from relevant CO colleagues.
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of implementation of CO HACT related SOPs and internal procedures, including for escalation of issues identified through assurance activities.
- Review and use of HACT reports
- Support the recording and updating of risk ratings of implementing partners in VISION through review of the Vendor Master and provision of relevant information to appropriate colleagues in the CO.
- Establish a central repository for HACT decisions, documentation and reports to provide timely and current information to facilitate implementation of HACT in the CO.
- Review assessments and programme assurance reports to identify areas of weaknesses related to the implementation of HACT and keep supervisor/partners informed of findings for timely action and/or intervention.
- Networking and inter-agency partnership
- Provide technical information and operational support to implementing partners, UN system partners and other stakeholders in the CO on the implementation of HACT to reinforce UN/CO harmonization and coordination.
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of HACT information and knowledge to facilitate/build their capacity for implementing HACT.
- Participate in appropriate inter-agency meetings/events to facilitate and promote sharing of information, knowledge, experiences and best practices.
- Interact regularly with other country offices and the regional office on HACT.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Identify, synthesize and share lessons learned from HACT and its implementation for integration into broader knowledge development planning and management efforts.
- Identify, synthesize and share lessons learned and best practice in the implementation of HACT.
- Contribute to design and implementation of capacity development strategy/initiatives for implementing partners which can be supported by UNICEF through identification of common weaknesses in financial and procurement management from review of micro assessment and assurance activity reports of high and significant risk partners.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of capacity development strategy/initiatives for CO staff to ensure that staff has the knowledge and skills to fulfill their responsibilities under HACT.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required: Development studies, International Development, Business Administration, Financial Management, Economics, Auditing, Project/Programme Management or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 2 year’s of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: programme development/management, financial planning and management, or another related area.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Nationality of Senegal.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.