Deadline: 10 August 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Assistant in Tripoli, Libya. The duration of this post is 6 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Team administration:
- In coordination with the MMC Team Leader, assist with the daily operations of MMC in Libya including: hiring, training, supervising, supporting, paying 4Mi Monitors in Libya.
- Assist with all logistics and procurement necessary to MMC’s operations in Libya.
- Assist with the development of any tool required to improve processes in the team.
- Supports in the translation and revision of 4Mi related tools and documents from-to English and Arabic.
- Take the lead in proposing creative solutions when meeting challenges in project implementation.
- Assists with the cleaning and validation of the 4Mi data as required.
- Contribute to the design of the MMC research agenda.
- Daily monitoring and reporting of relevant information that might affect the smooth implementation of project activities in the country.
- Proactively contributes to the research life of MMC North Africa.
- Any additional tasks required to support MMC’s research in Libya.
Applicants must have:
- License Degree (Master’s Degree an asset) in a relevant field, including but not limited to international development, migration studies or business administration.
- At least 1- year experience conducting administrative (logistics, procurement) tasks within an international organization.
- At least 1-year experience in data collection, conducting surveys and other research activities.
- Demonstrated interest in mixed migration issues, particularly within the Libyan context.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Good organizational skills and experience with following standard procedures and guidelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication for both English and Arabbic.
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.