Deadline: 10 August 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Assistant in Tripoli, Libya. The duration of this post is 6 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Project Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Team administration:
- In coordination with the MMC Team Leader, assist with the daily operations of MMC in Libya including: hiring, training, supervising, supporting, paying 4Mi Monitors in Libya.
- Assist with all logistics and procurement necessary to MMC’s operations in Libya.
- Assist with the development of any tool required to improve processes in the team.
- Supports in the translation and revision of 4Mi related tools and documents from-to English and Arabic.
- Take the lead in proposing creative solutions when meeting challenges in project implementation.
- Assists with the cleaning and validation of the 4Mi data as required.
- Contribute to the design of the MMC research agenda.
- Daily monitoring and reporting of relevant information that might affect the smooth implementation of project activities in the country.
- Proactively contributes to the research life of MMC North Africa.
- Any additional tasks required to support MMC’s research in Libya.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- License Degree (Master’s Degree an asset) in a relevant field, including but not limited to international development, migration studies or business administration.
- At least 1- year experience conducting administrative (logistics, procurement) tasks within an international organization.
- At least 1-year experience in data collection, conducting surveys and other research activities.
- Demonstrated interest in mixed migration issues, particularly within the Libyan context.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Good organizational skills and experience with following standard procedures and guidelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication for both English and Arabbic.
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Arabic.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.