Deadline: 17 December 2018
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager – WASH & Solid Waste in Aden, Yemen. The duration for this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Manager – WASH & Solid Waste will perform the following functions:
- Planning and management assuring quality delivery of the Resource and Results Framework of the project.
- Plan the activities of the project and monitor progress against the initial quality criteria.
- Mobilize goods and services to initiative activities, including drafting TORs and work specifications.
- Monitor events as determined in the Monitoring & Communication Plan, and update the plan as required.
- Manage requests for the provision of financial resources by UNDP, using advance of funds, direct payments, or reimbursement using the FACE (Fund Authorization and Certificate of Expenditures).
- Monitor financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports.
- Manage and monitor the project risks as initially identified in the Project Document appraised by the LPAC, submit new risks to the Project Board for consideration and decision on possible actions if required; update the status of these risks by maintaining the Project Risks Log.
- Be responsible for managing issues and requests for change by maintaining an Issues Log.
- Prepare the Project Quarterly Progress Report (progress against planned activities, update on Risks and Issues, expenditures) and submit the report to the Project Board and Project Assurance.
- Prepare the Annual Report, and submit the report to the Project Board and the Outcome Board.
- Based on the review, prepare the AWP for the following year, as well as Quarterly Plans if required.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in engineering, international development, public health, public policy or other relevant social sciences.
- 7 years of professional experience in WASH strategies, policies and implementation modalities, hygiene promotion and construction contracting in conflict and post-conflict countries.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Knowledge of project management and results management software such as ATLAS is desirable.
- Previous experience in Arab States in conflict/post conflict contexts preferably with the UN / UNDP system would be an asset.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Written and Spoken Arabic is strongly desired but is not mandatory.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.