Deadline: 31 May 2023
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Assistant in Mykolaiv, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 6 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Protection Assistant will perform the following functions:
- In close coordination with the Protection Manager, and Legal Protection team, ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan;
- Support the Protection Officer in implementation of all protection activities;
- Implement of all protection activities, including but not limited to work with local authorities, implementation of community-based initiatives, community’s capacity building, assistance to conflict-affected population;
- Contribute to the design of clear weekly and monthly plans for the implementation of all protection activities;
- Manage individual cases, provide advice and guidance as well as referrals to beneficiaries on issues related to accessing required services.
- Carry out protection monitoring, data collection and documenting the needs of the persons of concern,
- Participate in awareness raising sessions and information campaigns of the persons of concern,
- Participate in joint assessments and identifying protection concerns,
- Support mapping of services and development of effective referral pathways,
- Identify, conduct and follow up referral,
- Conduct interviews with beneficiaries, focus group discussions and key‐informant interviews, as well as drafting relevant reports or any other protection activities of the program,
- Regular reporting to the Protection Manager and Protection Team leader of the activities planned and implemented;
- Comply with all relevant DRC policies and procedures, particularly with respect to child protection, the code of conduct, and security.
Applicants must have:
- Relevant university degree (e.g. political science, development, international relations, gender, law) or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum 1 years of practical experience in sector area working for an INGO.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Fluency in local language and English – both oral and written.
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude and stress resilience.
- Strong facilitation skills, building communication with local authorities;
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- High professional ethics.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.