Deadline: 31 March 2023
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection team Leader in Kharkiv, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 3 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Protection team Leader will perform the following functions:
- Provide leadership, management and support to the Protection Staff in Kharkiv and Roving team in implementation of general protection activities in accordance with agreed objectives.
- Ensure that the Monitoring Evaluation and Referrals are done accordingly by the Protection Staff Protection Staff in Kharkiv and Roving team.
- Contribute the project planning and implementation on the filed level.
- Programming & Operations
- In close coordination with the Protection manager and protection officers, ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan.
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donors.
- Document case studies, best practices and lessons learned from the cases handled by the protection staff.
- Support the protection team in implementation of protection activities in accordance with agreed objectives.
- Carry out Protection monitoring, data collection and documenting the needs of the persons of concern.
- Plan and participate in awareness raising sessions and information campaigns of the persons of concern.
- Participate in joint assessments, identifying protection concerns and reporting.
- Support mapping of services and development of effective referral pathways.
- Identify, conduct and follow up referral.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in political science, international development, economics, Law or another relevant field
- Proven management skills and a competence in people management
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Field experience
- High professional ethics
- Minimum 3 years of management experience at a mid to senior level, preferably with experience in the field of humanitarian response and refugee protection working for an international NGO, UN agency, relevant ministry, or local authority.
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience in sector area working for an INGO
- Advanced English proficiency.
- Perfect command of Ukrainian and Russian both oral and written.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.