Deadline: 4 July 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Regional Technical Specialist in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Regional Technical Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide high-quality technical and policy advisory services to national and sub-national counterparts on Climate and Forests matters
- Stay abreast of global and regional developments related to climate and forests and share knowledge within UNDP and with relevant partners.
- Contribute to efforts to position the Climate and Forests team as leaders on REDD+ Results Based-Payments and other innovative financing for the implementation of Article 5 of the Paris Agreement.
- Provide high-quality technical advice to UNDP Country Offices, development partners, national counterparts and sub-national partners.
- Ensure coordination with other related initiatives and mechanisms in the region.
- Advise the Principal Technical Advisor of trends and issues in the countries served and provide any additional assistance requested.
- Provide implementation support to UNDP Country Offices and national counterparts for the Climate and Forests portfolio
- Provide high-quality implementation support and oversight to UNDP country offices and national counter parts to support the successful implementation of the portfolio, across all relevant sources of funds in the region.
- Provide quality assurance for relevant projects and initiatives.
- Ensure application of UNDP social and environmental standards, as well as, any other relevant safeguards or standards.
- Ensure mainstreaming of gender considerations in all key documents and processes.
- Maintain workplans, portfolio, and corporate information systems.
- Ensure the timely preparation of semi/annual progress, final reports, and other oversight documentation as necessary.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in environmental management, international development, public policy or other closely related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental management, international development, public policy, or other related fields with at least 7 year’s of relevant experience would be accepted.
- Certification in project management would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 year’s relevant work experience, or 7 year’s of experience with a Bachelor’s degree, working on Climate & Forest issues in developing countries is required.
- Demonstrated experience with project development, implementation and management.
- Experience in forest and biodiversity conservation issues, environment policies, and/or governance systems in the countries in the Africa region would be an asset in francophone Africa, especially the Congo Basin countries, is an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, with exceptional writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Operational fluency in French is required.
- Working knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.