Deadline: 16 September 2018
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Evaluation Officer in Rome, Italy.
The Senior Evaluation Officer will provide independent evaluation evidence, assessing the performance and results of policies, programmes and activities of WFP for accountability and learning to inform future direction.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Evaluation Officer will perform the following functions-
- Manage high profile and/or highly complex evaluation processes and budgets from preparation and design through to completion, meeting high professional standards in line with norms and standards and codes of conduct for evaluation in the UN system, embodied in WFP’s Evaluation Quality Assurance System (EQAS) to ensure the production of independent, credible evidence and recommendations for future directions.
- Source, recruit, manage and quality assure the work of external consultants to ensure the production of evaluations that meet EQAS requirements.
- Engage stakeholder groups, both internal and external to WFP, appropriately in the evaluation process and manage communications.
- Promote WFP’s evaluation culture of accountability and learning through analyzing evidence and lessons; preparing syntheses and summaries of evaluation findings and recommendations and presenting to these, tailoring messages to specific audiences and platforms, and working with internal and external stakeholders to enhance learning from and use of evaluation evidence in policy, programme and project design.
- Lead development and implementation of a specific stream of Office of Evaluation work-plan, as assigned by the Director, providing functional supervision and/or line management to other staff working on that stream; provide coaching and guidance to staff to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance, and/or second level quality assurance on a particular type(s) of evaluation.
- Lead specific evaluation expertise group(s) to enable sharing of experience and development of good practice.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree in International Development, Economics, Social Science or other relevant fields, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Strong team management skills and proven ability to produce results to deadlines.
- 10 years or more (of which at least four international) of relevant professional experience both in the field and in Headquarters in international development or humanitarian work, evaluation and/or policy studies.
- At least 8 years’ experience in managing complex, global and country-specific evaluations including inter-agency and joint evaluations.
- Fluency in English language.
- Intermediate knowledge of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.