Deadline: 5 October 2018
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Special Assistant in Panama City, Panama. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Special Assistant will perform the following function-
- Provide coordination support to the Regional Director in the interactions and exchanges with UN Women Representatives, Regional Office and HQ staff, keeping record and ensuring action and follow-up when required in a timely and efficient manner, and serving as note-taker in regular meetings and exchanges.
- Liaise regularly with the Civil Society Advisory Group moderator to keep abreast of ongoing issues, discussions and requests and regularly brief the Regional Director on urgent or pressing issues that require applicant’s attention.
- Revise annual work plans and provide recommendations to assure compliance with programme goals and results-based indicators.
- Handle the Regional Director´s media relations, including drafting press statements and releases, coordinating interviews and organizing press conferences, monitoring media coverage and responding to journalists´ inquiries and media requests.
- Draft and oversee the development and coordination cooperation agreement, memoranda of understanding, etc. with partner institutions by channeling their relevant directives and instructions and following up on commitments and any required action.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in International Relations, Communications, Public Relations, Public Affairs, Social Sciences, Public Administration, Business Administration or related areas.
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in international/regional organizations and communications/public relations.
- Prior experience with the UN or other international organization working in capacity as Assistant/Adviser to senior management a strong advantage.
- International development work preferably focused on, or strongly involving gender equality at national, regional and international levels.
- Experience in results-based management.
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both oral and written, is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.