Deadline: 29 June 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Technical Officer will lead the work of the department of Country Cooperation and Collaboration with the United Nations System as part of the initiative with a focus on supporting the development of Country Cooperation Strategies with priority countries and enhancing the WHO Country Office capacity in Strategic Policy Dialogue.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Technical Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide general coordination support to WHO Representative and country office staff of the flagship countries.
- Support country office capacity building activities; in particular, work with relevant departments and stakeholders to design and deliver policy academies for key country staff and others.
- Working with relevant planning and technical units, provide support to flagship countries in their bottom up planning activities to ensure a strong and coherent focus on results in the programme area. This includes supporting the development of Country Support Plans and Country Cooperation Strategies and UNDAFs.
- Participate as part of a multi-disciplinary team to identify new prospective countries for the initiative.
- Participate in and support planning for site visits to flagship and prospective countries.
- Lead the monitoring and reporting of CCU’s work in the initiative, including in collecting country success stories.
- Contribute to collecting, recording and analyzing areas of best practice in WHO’s work across the three levels for learning and dissemination across the organization for different projects.
- Carry out other related tasks in support of the Department as required by the Director.
Applicants must have:
- A first level university degree in international relations, development studies or health related field.
- Minimum 5 years of combined national and international experience in the design and management of country cooperation in health.
- Expertise in design and management of country cooperation programmes or initiatives in a health related area.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.