Deadline: 2 October 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Tehran, Iran. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Education Specialist will be responsible for mentoring, training, building the technical capacity of staff and to develop the education portfolio in the country.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Specialist will perform following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Develop the Education strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs.
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports.
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within the Education Core Competency, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support to Program Managers in the field.
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from Education implementation, and incorporate them in program and staff development processes.
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of all Education technical staff.
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors.
- Promote the rights of refugees and displaced in line with the advocacy strategy.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Minimum 4 years of experience within Education technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Strong Education expertise.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Experience with scaling up of education programs in strictly controlled context is an asset.
- Experience with Education related advocacy work is an asset Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Strong understanding of protection principles.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the Afghanistan displacement context is an asset.
- Knowledge of the refugee context in Iran is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.