Deadline: 1 December 2018
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Officer in Tehran, Iran.
The Logistics Officer will support the Logistics Coordinator in ensuring smooth and efficient project implementation.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Logistics Officer will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the logistics function.
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with advocacy strategy.
- Lead in management of logistics supplier lists including performance monitoring and measurement and market survey as well as collaboration on development and enforcement of all required logistics Standard Operating Procedures for NRC Iran operations.
- Other duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- University degree in industrial management, business administration, finance, marketing or similar specialties with focus on supply chain management.
- Experience in Logistics or as Support officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Strong ability to write reports and official correspondence.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Experience in working with contractors.
- Basic knowledge of the humanitarian context and/or refugee context in Afghanistan is a plus
- Full professional proficiency in English and Persian, both written and spoken.
- Nationality of Iran.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.