Deadline: 22 May 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Baghdad, Iraq. The duration of this post is 9 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following function-
- Processing of Purchase Orders (POs) and requests for payments; reconciliation activities on purchase orders such as close and cancel PO’s.
- Maintain filing and archiving of documents for the office and in support of all payment processes.
- Processing of travel and related expenses according to established procedures and practice.
- Leave and attendance monitoring for the team.
- Tracking and monitoring of monthly and ad hoc HR payments, as requested by the support services team in Baghdad.
- Screening, registering and routing of incoming correspondence and telephone calls for the office.
- Responding to queries from stakeholders; provision factual information with regard to requests for services, system operation and procedures.
- Organizing meetings’ logistics (audio/video conferencing).
- Ensuring that consumables are available and office equipment is well functioning.
- Assist in procurement process of office supplies.
- Provision of inputs to the preparation of administrative team results-oriented work plans.
- Providing regular and ad hoc assistance to the support services team on recruitment of personnel and other contracts processing of requisitions, including adding or modifying requisition header, lines, schedule and distribution information, inquiries on requisitions details and activities; reconciliation activities on requisitions such as approval or cancellation.
Applicants must have-
- A secondary school or high school diploma with minimum 4 years of relevant experience is required, or A bachelor’s degree in project management, public administration, business administration or related field with minimum 2 years of work experience in related areas.
- Minimum of 2 year experience working in the areas of administration, operations, support services and/or related field is required.
- Experience in personnel contract administration or finance or travel management is an asset.
- Good computer skills, including MS Word and Excel is required.
- Experience of ERP systems is an asset.
- Experience with UN/UNOPS policies and procedures related to administrative, HR and financial rules are highly desired.
- Fluency in both English and Arabic (written and spoken) is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.