Deadline: 9 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication Specialist in Erbil, Iraq.
The Communication Specialist will be accountable for developing, managing, co-ordinating, networking, implementing and monitoring an advocacy and communication strategy and associated products and activities on on-going basis with public audiences, with the objective of promoting awareness, understanding, support and respect for children’s and women’s rights.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Maintain close collaboration with Regional Communication Advisers and HQ Communication Officers for effective overall coordination.
- Establish, document, review and refine process of communicating with media contacts, including press conferences and events, issuing of media materials etc.
- Ensure rapid and accurate information dissemination to the media, National Committees, NGOs, the field and other appropriate audiences.
- Help establish, document, review and refine process of working collaboratively with partners, including meetings, joint projects, information sharing etc.
- Mobilize resources for fund-raising support by regular communication and co-ordination with relevant communication focal points in regional offices and headquarters divisions.
- Develop a work plan for communication activities, monitor compliance and provide support and guidance to ensure objectives are met.
- Ensure communication effectiveness, efficiency and delivery as well as a rigorous and transparent approach to planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Conduct timely and accurate monitoring and evaluation activities to ensure the communications objectives are met and the strategy is effective.
- Advise UNICEF management, colleagues and staff on media strategy and implications for action and policies proposed.
- Support communication activities through knowledge management, information exchange and building capacity of the country communications team.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations.
- Undergraduate degree plus at least 12 years of demonstrated professional experience in the field of journalism, communications, external relations, public affairs, public relations or corporate communications.
- 5 years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in communication, print, broadcast, and/or new media.
- International and national work experience (for IP).
- Field work experience (for NO).
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.