Deadline: 15 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Data Communication Specialist in Erbil, Iraq.
The Data Communication Specialist will improve relevance, quality, availability, and use of data and contextual information on children and women throughout UNICEF Iraq.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Data Communication Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support PME as UNICEF Iraq’s focal point for global, regional and country level data analysis on all sectors.
- Carry out analysis and interpretation of data relevant to the assessment of the situation of women and children, including contributions to the UNICEF flagship publications, and other reports.
- Update UNICEF databases that are used for analysis in key reports including flagship and sector specific publication.
- Devise innovative ways to best serve UNICEF’s in-house data and information needs at country, regional and global levels.
- Advise on efficient and effective ways to prepare and disseminate products and provide input into making data, analyses and products accessible and available through different media.
- Harmonization of data across UNICEF and partner organizations and accurate data being provided in a timely manner.
- Contribute to developing the capacity within the organization for evidence-based policy, planning, and programming through the use of data.
- Through inter-agency work improve the methods of estimating, collecting, analyzing and using all sector data.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in social sciences and/or relevant field is required.
- First University degree (Bachelor’s Degree) in the above fields of studies, combined with 2 additional years of relevant work experience, may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably at the national and international levels.
- Previous experience with data and analysis is preferred.
- Experience in GIS mapping is a requirement.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another UN language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.