Deadline: 24 August 2020
Minority Rights Group International is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Independent Evaluator Programme in Iraq/Iran.
The project aims to contribute to securing the human rights of religious and ethnic minorities, women and IDPs, in Iraq and Iran.
Minority Rights Group International campaigns worldwide with around 150 partners in over 50 countries to ensure that disadvantaged minorities and indigenous peoples, often the poorest of the poor, can make their voices heard.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Independent Evaluator Programme will perform the following functions:
- Assess the relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, sustainability and impact of the project in relation to the objectives and supporting outputs set out in the proposal documentation (whilst respecting security and risk avoidance protocols).
- Provide MRG with an opportunity for ‘structured evaluative learning’, with the aim of learning from the design and implementation process.
- Make recommendations to any other stakeholders as appropriate.
Applicants must have:
- Experience of working on human rights, gender, minority rights, NGO capacity building, including knowledge of relevant debates and international standards.
- Good knowledge of both Iran and Iraq (recent events, politics, governance, social issues, gender, security).
- Experience of comparable evaluations and strong track record of evaluations carried out on projects with similar elements.
- Ability to comply with all EU evaluation requirements.
- Ability to speak, read and write both Arabic and English.
- Knowledge of Farsi would be an advantage.
- Experience of carrying out or evaluating training, capacity building, human rights defender support, advocacy and work with smaller NGOs in difficult contexts.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through email.
For more information, visit Minority Rights Group International.