Deadline: 30 November 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Information and Communications Technology Senior Officer in Erbil, Iraq.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Information and Communications Technology Senior Officer will perform the following functions:
- Information management and reporting:
- Support in ensuring high data quality standards, data verification procedures implementation and ensure quality assurance checks on reported data before, during and after data entry in consultation with the projects teams.
- Support in liaising with projects team leads, implementing partners and external stakeholders to implement the organizations IM strategic needs.
- Capacity development:
- Assist the UNMAS Iraq Programme Technical Support Team Lead on IM-related matters with the Iraqi Mine Action Information Management.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) with a minimum 2 year’s relevant experience.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) with a minimum 4 year’s relevant experience.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in the use of MS Access, MS SQL Server, Office suite and Adobe Creative Cloud is required.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience working with Mine Action QA/QC processes for information management is desired.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in operations management, geographical information management, design and implementation of complex IM systems or relevant fields.
- Experience using IMSMA Core at the field operational level is desired.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (reading, writing, speaking) is required.
- Fluency in another UN official language is desired.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.