Deadline: 15 April 2021
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Livelihoods Officer in Diyala, Iraq. The duration of this post is 6 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Livelihoods Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support of the Livelihoods Specialist and Project Manager, the Livelihoods officer reviews each case for inclusion in the program and make recommendations as needed.
- Maintain a clear database of all possible participants in the program (selected and not selected) and provide regular updates (at least monthly) to the DRC livelihoods database officer.
- Organize, contribute to the development and improvement of Business material trainings, as well as employability trainings material.
- Business and financial management trainings with candidates for Business grants.
- Follow and reinforce the criteria for selection for participants in Business grants.
- Organize and conduct review committees to select business proposals in line with the project and with DRC SOPs.
- Distribute and monitor the business grants.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree or higher education relevant to humanitarian work preferably in business management and economics, law, social sciences or humanitarian aid.
- Proven experience of at least 2 year’s in business management.
- Technical competencies in business and financial trainings.
- Experience with supervising teams and providing technical guidance and training
- Familiarity/prior experience with NGO sector and its persons of concern would be a distinct advantage.
- Cultural and gender sensitivity.
- Adaptability, flexibility and team spirit.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail a must.
- Patient and good communication skills.
- Familiarity with digital data collection and relevant computer skills.
- Full respect for organization confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team member and ability to work under pressure.
- Fluency in Arabic.
- Proficiency in oral and written English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.