Deadline: 5 April 2022
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Officer in Erbil, Iraq. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The National Project Officer will perform the following functions:
- Prepare and update regularly the component on employment services, design new interventions, and ensure delivery of quality technical inputs under the employment services of the PROSPECTS Iraq Multi-Annual Country Programme (MACP) as well as the interventions on developing referral pathways for youth as part of the Opportunity Fund.
- Maintain close cooperation and coordination with relevant line ministries and directorates in the two governorates, employers’ and workers’ organizations, NGOs in the planning and implementation of the employment services and skills components in Dohuk and Nineveh as well as the work on youth employment and engagement.
- Conduct regular meetings with implementing partners and field visits to Dohuk and Nineveh to closely monitor the implementation of relevant activities on employment services and skills and ensure submission of timely and quality reports by implementing partners.
- Prepare and conduct seminars, workshops, and consultative meetings, and implement capacity building interventions for selected local partner organizations in the relevant areas, including career guidance and counselling, job search, using ILO tools.
- Liaise with PROSPECTS partners, other UN agencies and represent the ILO PROSPECTS Iraq team at meetings related to employment services, as requested by the CTA.
- Support the Skills Technical Officer in providing inputs to the skills component of the project work plan, monitoring plan and technical progress reports of the PROSPECTS Iraq (MACP) as well as the skills interventions under the Opportunity Fund.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in, economics, social sciences, development studies, education or other relevant field, with demonstrated expertise in the relevant technical field.
- Advanced University Degree would be an advantage.
- At least 3 year’s relevant professional experience at the national level implementing and/or supporting employment services and livelihoods projects, two years of which with the UN or international organizations, preferably in Nineveh or Dohuk.
- Excellent command of Arabic (written and spoken) language and very good command of written and spoken English is needed.
- Proficiency in the Kurdish language will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.