Deadline: 12 August 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager-Protection in Diyala, Iraq.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Project Manager-Protection will perform the following functions:
- Ensure timely and technically sound planning, implementation and follow up of protection activities/projects, including budgets and procurements, in the assigned area.
- Maintain oversight and management of protection services in the assigned area, ensuring programming minimum standards are met, and do-no-harm considerations are applied.
- Prepare and maintain up to date work plans and expenditure plans, in line with project and budget documents.
- Prepare and submit regular qualitative and analytical reports within the given timeframes.
- Provide supervision and coaching/on the job training of the protection project staff, and undertake appraisals when appropriate.
- Organize regular field/onsite visits to ensure technical support to the staff and proper monitoring of the activities’ implementation.
- Ensure that project activities develop and are implemented in line with DRC’s mandate, policies, procedures and country strategy, as well as with donors’ requirements and international protection guidelines.
- Contribute to the development of proposals to secure follow on or expansion funding for the protection program as per identified needs.
- Contribute to refine data collection, monitoring and reporting tools, and to harmonize protection methodologies and tools across the country.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree relevant to humanitarian work.
- Preferably in law, social sciences or humanitarian aid.
- Knowledge of International Humanitarian and Human Rights Laws, particularly international standards relating to the protection of IDPs.
- Ability to work under own initiative and with little supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities.
- 3 year’s experience in international protection, advocacy work, and emergency programs with displaced populations.
- At least 2 year’s experience in international humanitarian work in conflict settings.
- Prior experience working with the clusters and/or coordination mechanisms.
- Prior experience in protection monitoring, case management and Legal Program.
- Knowledge and experience of work both in and out of formal and informal camps.
- Knowledge and experience working in urban settings and running mobile programs.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.