Deadline: 1 June 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Erbil, Iraq. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Project Manager will ensure the functioning of the project from beginning to the end including project inception activities, annual and quarterly planning and reporting, and implementation of project activities, project reviews and project closure.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Ensure timely and adequate implementation of activities according to the signed agreement.
- Ensure that implementing partners deliver the outputs in accordance with the signed agreement.
- Provide overall supervision of the work of implementing partners to ensure the production of the expected outputs.
- Monitoring of the budget utilization and implementation in lieu with the work plan and the signed agreement.
- Accounting records and supporting documents are properly kept and financial reports are prepared.
- Financial operations are transparent and financial procedures/regulations are properly applied.
- Supporting implementing partners with financial and narrative reporting, ensuring timely submission of reports.
- Updating on a quarterly basis UN Women’s online Results Management System (RMS) with relevant information to the project.
- Establishing working relations with relevant partner NGOs in the area of responsibilities ensuring timely implementation of the project.
- Attending relevant UN coordination meetings with the Deputy Country Representative (Social Cohesion and Sustainable Livelihood Cluster and Protection Cluster meetings including SGBV sub-cluster).
- Design programs based on field visits and assessments in the areas of the project.
- Identifying and developing synergies with other programmes and projects.
- Establishing and maintaining partnerships with key state and non-state actors.
Applicants must have-
- Master Degree in economics, international development, gender, social work or related discipline.
- 5 years of experience working in coordinating, programming and reporting.
- Previous experience of development or/and humanitarian sector, particularly on livelihoods and protection for refugees and displaced population.
- Prior experience working with displaced population in similar post-conflict context is an advantage.
- Proven track record and experience in reporting and communicating results, and developing programme and project planning documents.
- Proven experience or understanding of gender mainstreaming and issues of gender violence amongst refugees.
- Prior work experience with UN Women is highly desirable.
- Understanding of Kurdish government institutions and policies and knowledge of NGOs working on the ground in Kurdistan.
- Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic (Written and spoken).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.