Deadline: 27 May 2016
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Research Consultancy in Erbil, Iraq.
The Research Consultancy will help DRC to gain local and international support for a conflict-sensitive approach to durable solutions in newly accessible areas of Iraq.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Research Consultancy will perform the following functions-
- Analyze the drivers of localized conflict through presentation of field research and case studies in target areas.
- Explore the effects of demographic change as drivers for conflict and polarization between communities.
- Identify the various factors influencing cross-cultural interactions at a community level.
- Evaluate institutions, groups and individuals both official and unofficial that are able to exert influence either positive or negative on future implementations.
- Provide recommendations for strategies that should be adapted by DRC to ensure conflict mitigation for IDP and host communities.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in human rights law, social sciences or a related field.
- 5 years of experience in practical research, either with academic institutions or NGOs.
- Extensive field experience in Iraq, preferably with a range of civil society organizations.
- Fluency and excellent report writing skills in English.
- Fluency in Arabic and Kurdish is highly desirable.
- Ability to work with a variety of partner organizations and project staff and under stressful conditions.
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism and an ability to work independently and in high pressure situations under tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.