Deadline: 23 June 2016
World Vision International (WVI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of International Advocacy Officer in Jerusalem, Israel.
The International Advocacy Officer will lead the Advocacy interventions of WVJWG to influence national and international stakeholders towards child protection and improved well-being.
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The International Advocacy Officer will perform the following functions-
- Define key issues and develop appropriate messaging for international advocacy initiatives.
- Generate ideas and opportunities for the PASPI WG for advocacy and education among WV constituencies and general audiences throughout the world.
- Actively participate in regional and global advocacy campaigns as applicable.
- Develop and maintain strong lasting relations with national and international advocacy organizations as well as WV Partnership and regional advocacy groups and networks.
- Advocate with key governmental and UN actors and initiate advocacy statements, reports and analysis of the humanitarian situation in the oPt.
- Coordinate with the National Director and the PASPI Working Group on any material for public consumption.
- Contribute to NO strategy formulation and prepare operations plans for Advocacy.
- Lead and coordinate the Partnership Advocacy Strategy for Palestine and Israel Working Group (PASPI WG) especially in the development of key policy messages and communication strategies to be used in the WV Partnership’s international advocacy efforts on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with relevant NO departments (Programs, GAM, FinD and Sponsorship) and ensure continuous exchange of information and common understanding of the advocacy issues within JWG programs.
- Work closely with the GAM team and the ND to identify and acquire funding opportunities for Advocacy projects.
- Represent the organization in local and international media and advice and give support to the National Director and Programs Department on media issues pertinent to the JWG programs.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor degree in Justice and Human Rights, Public Relations, Development Science, Peace Studies or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years related experience.
- Experience in producing written materials for advocacy purposes.
- Experience in the field of advocacy and/or human rights is strongly preferred Experience working in the Middle East a definite plus.
- Excellent written and verbal skills (English, Arabic and Hebrew).
- Nationality of Israel.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WVI.