Deadline: 12 February 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication Officer in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communication Officer will perform the following function
- Process and coordinate arrangements and delivers services.
- Research and analyse communication policy and service delivery issues, maintains operational statistics and prepares related reports.
- Contribute to the development of information and training materials and coordinates and assists in the presentation of information/training sessions to management and staff.
- Provide information and advice to management and staff.
- Participate in project teams and work groups.
- Produce original content explaining the work of the Organization based on technical and administrative material available as well as background and staff interest stories related to the work of the Organization for an internal audience worldwide.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in communications, journalism, social science, political science, humanities or a related field.
- 3 year’s relevant experience in communication, intranet/web publishing and/or design.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of either French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, or Russian.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.