Deadline: 9 July 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Conference Officer in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Conference Officer will perform the following functions-
- Process, coordinate arrangements, and delivers services.
- Research and analyses policy and service delivery issues, maintains operational statistics, and prepares related reports.
- Contribute to the development of information and training materials and coordinates and assists in the presentation of information/ training sessions to management and staff.
- Provide information and advice to management and staff.
- Participate on project teams and work groups.
- Ensure the preparation of large meetings and events, either physical or virtual, in collaboration with organizing divisions, protocol, security and/or external organizers (Permanent representations, external organizations holding conferences at FAO HQ).
- Organize and coordinate the provision of logistic facilities for FAO meetings and conferences at Headquarters.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, Political Sciences, International law, international relations or another field relevant to the work of the Organization.
- 3 year’s relevant experience in conference management or government-relations activities in an inter-governmental or international environment.
- Extent and relevance of experience in in supporting high level events in a large organization and/or in conference management activities.
- Demonstrate ability to draft and edit documents.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.