Deadline: 11 November 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Economist (Food Security and Nutrition Analysis) in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 11 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Economist (Food Security and Nutrition Analysis) will perform the following functions-
- Plan and lead components of multidisciplinary teams and short term work groups, leads and/or participates on Division/Office teams, participates on Organization-wide committees, project teams, and working groups and provides specialized expertise on international technical networks and or technical policy and standard setting bodies.
- Develop technical, statistical, analytical, monitoring and reporting frameworks, and related tools, methodologies, systems and databases, etc.
- Support the planning, implementation/delivery and monitoring of the programmes of work, products, projects, and services.
- Design and conduct research, data collection, validation, analysis and/or reporting activities to support the development of technical standards, international instruments, innovative tools and methodologies, flagship publications/technical reports and/or policy proposals as well as the provision of technical specialist and/or policy advice and expertise.
- Respond to request and provides technical/policy advice, assistance and solutions to Regional, Subregional, and Country Offices and provides technical backstopping to field projects.
- Promote international cooperation and collaboration, advocates best practices and increased policy dialogue and provides technical expertise at international meetings and conferences.
- Collaborate in capacity development activities involving knowledge sharing, the organization of training workshops, seminars, and meetings as well as the development of related materials and on-line tools and information kits.
- Participate in resource mobilization activities in accordance with Corporate strategy and plans.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in economics, agricultural economics, food security or a related field.
- 7 year’s experience in economic and quantitative analysis of food and agricultural issues, natural resources use, food demand or related areas food security and nutrition.
- Experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Experience and knowledge of applied research in the field of food security and nutrition, including experience in preparation of reports for publication.
- Experience in economic and policy analysis of issues in food and agriculture, food security and nutrition at a national, regional and/or global scale.
- Experience in conducting quantitative economic analysis, economic modeling, and applying econometric techniques in one or more of the relevant subject areas above.
- Ability to manage, analyze, and present quantitative information clearly and effectively.
- Knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.