Deadline: 4 October 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Facility Management Officer in Rome, Italy.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Facility Management Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical advice and support in HQ, or COs on the implementation of WFP policies, standards, norms and practices including procurement procedures related to construction activities and engineering services to ensure that outputs meet the established quality standards and are compliant with wider WFP policies, procedures, guidelines and operations.
- Manage and/or facilitate the facility service operations, including refurbishments and enhancements of new or existing premises to deliver quality, customer focused, value for money solutions.
- Implementation of relevant strategies specifically related to Real Estate and Space Management & guide the respective teams and oversee business processes related to premises.
- Provide strategic input for real estate decisions in HQ and field, including office expansions, downsizing, consolidations and acquisitions.
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to ensure cohesive delivery of services (i.e. WFP Engineering, IT, HR, Legal, etc).
- Contribute to the implementation of environmental sustainability culture throughout WFP through comprehensive Facility Management (including Energy Efficiency and collaboration with Environmental Sustainability and OSH).
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in a related discipline, i.e. real estate/facility management, engineering, architecture, business/public administration, project management or equivalent.
- Certifications (BIFM, IFMA, CIPS, RICS) are highly regarded.
- 5 year’s of experience in managing facilities and global real estate in a large, international organization, at least some of which has been gained through working in similar contexts to WFP (diverse geographical locations, including in developing countries).
- Experience developing and managing budget, including capital budget justification.
- Experience working within a project environment, managing the full lifecycle of a project.
- Experience developing presentations and reports, utilizing real estate data to inform and drive enterprise-level decisions.
- Excellent contract management, customer service, and communication skills.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.