Deadline: 4 September 2016
International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Communications in Rome, Italy.
The Head of Communications will deliver IDLO’s Strategic Plan goals vis‐à‐vis enhancing the visibility of the organization, its brand and establishing itself as a thought leader on the rule of law.
IDLO empowers people and enables governments to reform laws and institutions that promote peace, justice, social development and sustainable economic growth.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Head of Communications will perform the following functions-
- Lead and manage communications activities, including media relations, digital and publications, as well as working to raise the organization’s profile and highlighting its achievements through traditional and innovative approaches.
- Oversee the implementation and continuous optimization of the organizational communications strategy, enhancing the profile and reputation of IDLO with key audiences.
- Lead a team of communication professionals, serving as clearinghouse for communications content, and coordinating overall communication and related partnership activities.
- Uphold editorial integrity and act as editorial lead, commissioner-in-chief and approver of media materials, digital/multimedia content, e‐newsletters, leaflets, factsheets and reports, amongst others.
- Manage the work of the communications team, ensuring that it is delivered in a timely fashion and in accordance with best practice standards, while maintaining accountability and measurable results.
- Assess capacity across the team, supporting staff in areas of development and devising training/professional learning programs and equally dealing with performance management.
- Guide IDLO’s overall communications approach, including on digital platforms, ensuring quality, accuracy of messaging, functionality and storytelling appeal.
- Working closely with the Director, External Relations and other colleagues as relevant, deal with reputational risks and crises.
- Develop and implement a plan for communication governance and knowledge sharing, including production protocols, and other relevant policy and style guidelines.
- In close collaboration with other members of the Department and the Resource Mobilization Unit, support the development of IDLO’s strategic partnership approach across external stakeholders.
Applicants must have-
- Post‐graduate degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related discipline is required.
- At least 8-10 years of progressively responsible professional experience in the area of communications, public engagement and media relations, preferably within a large governmental, intergovernmental or international organization is required.
- Experience of working with internationally dispersed and diverse teams of at least 5‐10 direct members of staff, plus with other teams across such organizations.
- Experience of workplace mediation and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated experience of successfully advising large, international organizations on communications issues.
- Proficiency in utilizing standard information and communications technology, including Microsoft Office and related software.
- Full professional competence of written and verbal communication skills in English is essential.
- Fluency in French is essential and working knowledge of Spanish is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their IDLO Personal History Form (PHF), resume and cover letter via the given website.
For more information, please download the PDF IDLO.