Deadline: 12 December 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Account Management in Rome, Italy.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Head of Account Management will perform the following functions:
- Lead the account management team and drive strategy implementation, partnership maximization, and growth in revenue or/ and impact.
- Provide guidance and support to the team and help set and achieve clear individual KPIs, objectives, goals, and timelines.
- Supervise and nurture an effective team; support the professional development of team members.
- Performance management of the team, including monitoring stewardship and delivery to meet potential and existing partner needs, expectations, and priorities, and oversee all internal and external activities tied to meeting partner requirements.
- Oversee stewardship strategy, including identifying the need for and then facilitating meetings between senior WFP and corporate leadership for highest value partnerships communicating with, presenting to and influencing key stakeholders at all levels of the partner organization, including executive and C-suite level and ensuring account management team embodies and delivers on strategy.
- Oversee the impact assessment, reporting and communications, particularly for high value partnerships, ensuring accurate representation of achievements and progress.
- Liaise with both technical and field-based colleagues around WFP, to ensure partnership performance and impact are optimised, supporting the removal of blocks where needed for and with partnership managers.
- Work with other teams, including business development, to identify and leverage external awareness opportunities, including events, conferences, forums, panels, and roundtables. Ensure WFP is positioned as a ”go-to” organization for partnership and transform WFP into a “go-to” brand for new partners.
- Collaborate with other areas across the organization to develop effective customized “pitch” materials for successful approaches, as well as materials to support senior leadership meetings to grow existing partners.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, Marketing Communications, or another relevant field.
- 8 year’s relevant and demonstrated experience in partnership development, marketing and communications, sales or agency account management, brand management, fundraising with large-scale corporations.
- 8 year’s experience in managing a team of account specialists, setting clear targets and KPIs, and continuously tracking progress to achieve financial goals.
- Demonstrate track record of stewarding complex high-value corporate fundraising partnerships, delivering sustained revenue growth, and successfully securing partnerships renewals.
- Extensive sales and marketing experience—experienced in research, planning, preparing, and landing pitches and negotiating with potential partners with a proven track record of successful negotiations with global enterprises.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate relationships and influence senior decision-makers.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Intermediate knowledge of another UN language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.