Deadline: 8 November 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Internal Auditor in Rome, Italy.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Internal Auditor Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Perform complex/major audit (or advisory) assignments in multi-disciplinary audit teams, operational reviews, special audits in accordance with internal procedures and auditing standards.
- Prepare risk-based audit plans and programmes, prepare and review audit working papers, develop and document audit observations and related recommendations to address shortcomings identified, strengthen internal controls and improve business processes.
- Prepare comprehensive audit reports incorporating input from team members, answers from auditees and the Management feedback from the Office of Internal Audit.
- Lead or participate in the Office of Internal Audit work planning, development of professional practices and ad hoc assignments as determined by senior Management.
- Communicate timely and effectively with the Management of the Office of Internal Audit on the status of engagements, issues impacting them and steps taken.
- Monitor the status of audit recommendations, assess the adequacy and timeliness of actions taken by the audited offices.
- Support coordination of activities with WFP’s external auditors.
- Make significant contribution to the development and update of Internal Audit policies and procedures.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Audit, Business, Public Administration, Finance and/or another related field.
- University Degree with additional years of relevant professional experience.
- Internal audit certification such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or equivalent is required (or proven internal audit experience).
- Minimum 8 or more year’s (three of which at international level) of progressively responsible relevant experience in planning, leading and executing internal audits in various organizations that use modern auditing techniques including auditing automated financial and management information systems, management and operational areas.
- Demonstrate records of supervision of audit teams or staff.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.